Braai Roasted Rugani Carrots with a Beetroot Butter Bean Hummus
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
For the carrots:
- 500 g Rugani Fresh Carrots
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the butter bean hummus:
- 1 can butter beans drained and rinsed
- 100 ml Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- Add the butter beans into your blender with the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, 50 ml Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice and olive oil.
- Blitz until smooth and creamy, add a little more beetroot juice to loosen as needed. Season to taste and blitz again.
- Place in the fridge until serving.
- Brush the carrots with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on the braai grid and place over low heat coals for 20-25 minutes turning often.
- Serve with the butterbean beetroot hummus and drizzle with extra olive oil.