Carrot Mug Cake
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 2 min
- 4 tbsp cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp pecans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk or coconut milk for a vegan option
- 2 ½ tbsp Rugani 100% Carrot Juice
- 2 tbsp Rugani carrots, freshly grated
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a 300ml coffee cup.
- Add the vanilla, milk & carrot juice. Mix well, making sure to stir to the bottom.
- Add the grated carrots and stir until fully incorporated.
- Cook for 2 mins on high in a microwave (based on a 700-watt microwave).
- Test after one minute to check if the centre is cooked through and then again every 20 seconds. Be careful when removing the mug as it will be hot.
- Top with extra chopped pecan nuts and shaved carrots.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: You can easily adjust the recipe by multiplying the amounts above by the number of portions you would like. Just follow the above instructions and mix in a mixing bowl instead of the mug itself. Then divide the mixture evenly between the cups and cook for 5 mins checking regularly if they are done.