Chicken Thigh Skewers with Rugani Pineapple Marinade
Prep Time: Overnight and 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
For the marinade:
- Rugani 100% Queen Pineapple Juice
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 spring onion sprig, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
For the skewers:
- +- 700 g deboned chicken thighs/chicken breast
- 1 pineapple cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper cut into chunks
- 8 Bamboo skewer sticks/metal skewers
- Place the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix through.
- Add the skinless chicken thighs and cover the bowl with cling film or reusable lid. Alternatively, place the marinade and chicken in a zip-lock bag and close. Place in the fridge and marinate overnight.
- On the day of the braai, place the bamboo skewer sticks in a sink of water for an hour (this will keep the sticks from burning too much when you braai them).
- To make the skewers, alternate between the chicken, peppers, and pineapple till all the skewers are filled.
- Place over low heat coals and braai for 40 – 45 minutes until cooked through.