COVID 19 Statement:
Greenway Farms & Rugani Juice proudly continue with our responsibility towards our nation.
31 March 2020
From Vito Rugani, CEO of Greenway Farms & Rugani Juice
As a family-owned business, Greenway Farms’ responsibility to our community and nation guides every action & decision we make daily. During these trying times, our values continue to carry & guide us to support our nation in a time of distress.
In light of the President’s address, as leaders in the agricultural sector in fresh carrot and vegetable juice production, we understand the critical and essential role we play within our community & country.
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, where the COVID-19 outbreak spreads, Greenway Farms is committed to harvesting & supplying fresh carrots to South Africans, whilst continuing to monitor guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO), National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) and the National Department of Health (DOH).
We have taken the following proactive measures to ensure the safety of our employees, customers & consumers:
- Ensuring that all our employees, especially food handlers, practice stricter personal hygiene care, which includes frequent hand washing and regular sanitising in accordance with WHO standards;
- Measuring the temperature of all employees daily. Any employees who show COVID-19 related symptoms upon temperature measurement or during the day will be sent home for self-isolation;
- Making hand sanitisers & masks available to all employees throughout the working environment;
- Ensuring daily delivery & supply of Rugani Fresh Carrots and Vegetable Juices to National Fresh Produce Markets as well as Retail & other Independent stores;
- Providing all our employees with a Rugani 100% Carrot & Ginger Juice, twice a day, to assist in healthy nutrition & immune support.
We will monitor the progress of this national emergency and it will not be taken lightly. We will overcome this crisis, as long as we stand together as a country, abide by the rules set out by the Government and keep health, hygiene and nutrition as a top priority.