Decadent Beetroot Brownies
Chocolate Brownies have always been a firm favourite for the whole family, but adding beetroot juice elevates these brownies in flavour & nutrition (beta carotene is heat stable!).
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 30-35 mins
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice Blend
- 113 g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (additional for decorating)
- Mix together all of the ingredients and let it stand.
- On the stove, in a medium saucepan, melt butter until it shows brown speckles and has a nutty smell. Add sugar and cocoa and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Once the butter mixture is cooled down, add eggs and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Stir through buttermilk and beetroot mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into a lined square tin and bake for 35 minutes at 180 ℃.
- Melt additional chocolate chips and drizzle over the brownies (optional).
- Allow to cool down then cut into squares.
This season personalised and handmade gifts are trending and your guests will love these Beetroot Brownies, carefully packaged in a box or jar! Attach the recipe and a note for a personalised touch.