Ginger & Carrot Ramen (V)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 15 ml / 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Rugani carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 5 cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves with skin on, crushed & cut across
- 1 clove peeled and finely grated
- 4 spring onion, cut into 2 cm pieces
- Coarse sea salt
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked overnight (keep the liquid to add to the stock)
- 500 ml Rugani 100% Ginger Infused Carrot Juice
- 45 ml Asian sesame paste, tahini or peanut butter
- 20 ml soy sauce
- 20 ml miso paste (GF if required)
- 60 ml rice wine vinegar
- 20 ml mirin
- 20 ml chilli oil or toasted sesame oil
- Noodles (GF if required), 150 g precooked noodles, per bowl
- Steamed pak choi or broccoli
- Thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms, from the broth
- 100 g of your favourite tofu, per bowl
- Spring onions thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Place all the ingredients for the stock in a large pot. Cook for approximately 1 hour on low heat.
- Remove the ginger and shitake mushrooms from stock and slice the mushrooms.
- Add the ramen flavourings and mix well.
- Add toppings of choice.
- Serve immediately.