Moroccan carrot, white bean buckwheat soup with turmeric infused carrot juice (vegan)
By Simone Nel, Yellow Papaya for Rugani Juice
Prep Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 stem celery, chopped
- ½ tsp teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cups buckwheat or lentils, rinsed until water runs clear
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups Rugani Carrot and Turmeric Juice
- 1 can white beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the carrots and celery and sauté until tender about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the spices and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, Rugani juice, diced tomatoes, and buckwheat/lentils and stir to combine.
- Simmer on low heat for 30-35 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Add the white beans and cook for 5 minutes to heat the beans.
- Serve soup with fresh coriander and bread.
- This soup freezes very well if you have leftovers.