Moroccan Lamb Stew In Tomato
By Reabetjoe Mokoko, Rea The Cooking Dietitian – A registered dietitian, chef, brand educator, recipe developer
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 50 ml cooking oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp fennel
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 3 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1.5-2 kg stewing lamb, fat trimmed off
- 500 ml ZZ2 100% Romanita Tomato Juice
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup beef stock
- Rub the meat with the seasoning and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, then add the diced onion and sauté till cooked
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté
- Add the seasoned meat to the pot and allow it to brown for about 15 minutes.
- Once the meat has browned add the ZZ2 100% Romanita Tomato Juice, tomato puree, diced tomatoes and dried apricots. Top with the beef stock.
- Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Leave the stew to simmer for 2 hours on a low heat. Stirring often and topping up with water when required.
- Cook till soft and tender.