Purple deviled eggs
Makes 12 halves
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 7 min
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or yoghurt for a healthier option
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Italian herbs
- Fresh herbs or chives for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, heat water until boiling point.
- Lower eggs into the water and reduce to slow boil.
- Cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and place them in a bowl with ice-cold water.
- Once cooled carefully peel the eggs.
- Pour the juice in a bowl big enough to fit 6 eggs.
- Position the peeled eggs in the bowl and ensure the eggs are covered to ensure the juice stains the whole egg.
- Place the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- Remove eggs from the juice (place the leftover juice in a container and freeze to use in soups and stews).
- Carefully cut the eggs in half and remove the egg yolks.
- Place the yolks in a bowl with the mayonnaise, paprika, Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a piping bag and pipe it into the egg whites.
- Top with fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Making food is an activity that stimulates creativity and relaxation. It is a great opportunity to spend some quality time with your family. Download the Deviled Eggs Make & Bake Activity.