Turmeric and Carrot Falafels
Developed by Simone Nel, Yellow Papaya
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 100 ml Rugani carrot and turmeric Juice
- 3 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend to a coarse texture.
- Don’t blend to fine, you still need some texture to the mixture.
- If the mixture is to wet add more chickpea flour until you can form small balls. Form the mixture into small balls and flatten.
- Place on a tray with baking paper.
- In a wide frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry the falafels in batches until golden brown and place them on a paper towel.
- Alternatively for a healthier option bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 ℃ until golden brown.
- Pack into lunchboxes with hummus, vegetables, and fruit.