Veggie Skewers with a Rugani Carrot & Pineapple Marinade
Prep Time: Overnight and 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
For the skewers:
- 4 cups vegetables including onions, mushrooms, peppers, baby marrow, cherry tomatoes
- 8 Bamboo skewer sticks/metal skewers
For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Rugani 100% Carrot & Pineapple Juice Blend
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, parsley & oregano (each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and chop all veggies into 2 cm x 2 cm chunks.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large Ziplock bag or in a bowl with a reusable lid.
- Marinate overnight or for at least four hours before you plan to assemble the skewers.
- On the day of the braai, soak the bamboo skewer sticks in water for an hour to keep them from burning on the braai.
- Skewer the marinated vegetables onto the sticks, alternating between the different vegetables.
- Cook on medium heat coals for 20 minutes or until just tender.